Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Cheating Mistake


I remember in fourth grade, I had reading problems and it took me a lot longer then everyone else to comprehend tests because I was "special" and learned differently, (not really but I was a really shy kid that didn't like to talk- ever). This one particular test was really important, it actually counted for a grade. I remember that I wasn't sure if my answers were correct, and I hesitated to turn in my test. Walking up and handing in my test, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten to put my name on the line in the right corner of the paper. I took it back out of the silver wired bin and brought it back to my seat to write my name on it really fast. Then my teacher called me out on it, in front of the whole class, and accused me of cheating.
I felt so ashamed of myself and I wanted to cry. If that wasn't bad enough, she then proceeded to take me out of the classroom and yell at me about whether I cheated or not. She was my favorite teacher, so hearing her yelling at me made me feel like I was on some type of bad trip. I confessed to her that I was unsure if my answers were correct, but I would never cheat. She checked over my answers, and seeing as I probably failed I most likely was telling the truth. She then helped me work out the answers and I got the test back a week later with a B. I feel like I learned a few lessons that day; never make a foolish mistake that can lead to accusations,always write your name on every paper you get - ever for the rest of your life, and also not to be afraid to ask for help. I feel like asking for help was one of my greatest weaknesses in life.

No comments: